Today was a very busy day, and I had no time for my More Disciplined Life activities. I had my first party as a Tupperware consultant, which went well but kept me busy all day! My “clean the office” mega-project took about 10 steps back, though, when all the Piles in the family room went into my office/stash room. Back to square 1 on that, I guess …
Today’s reading is about Focus. You can’t be disciplined without focus, which is right. She suggests removing distractions and not multi-tasking. These will both be hard for me. I’m always multi-tasking; I start a new thing before I’m quite finished with what I’m doing. That’s why my dishes are clean but the kitchen is still messy. The other focus area is to remove distractions. Facebook and blogs are definitely a distraction for me, but more than that, not having a plan means I am more readily distracted. If I can’t immediately think of what needs to be done, I’ll switch to what other things I could do. And then nothing productive gets done!
My tasks for today:
Talk to my husband about what I am doing, with my mega-project and with the whole 21 Days book. Enlist his support. Continue with my mega-project, and get a cheerleader for this. Tidy the kitchen before bed.
- Review the steps of my business goal and work toward my Week 1 goals. —I started some of this in the morning, but then got interrupted. I wish I were the only one here who got up before 6AM.
Read Chapter 12 of 21 Days to a More Disciplined Life.
My tasks for tomorrow:
- Think about what are my distractions, and start a plan to eliminate them.
- Sort through 1/4 (or more) of the piles that went into my office today.
- Tidy the kitchen before bed.
- Review the steps of my business goal and work toward my Week 1 goals. I only have 2 more days of Week 1.
- Read Chapter 13 of 21 Days to a More Disciplined Life.